ASEAN Skills Competition
Every two years, over 200 highly-skilled youths from countries in the South-East Asian region converge in a battle of skills – the ASEAN Skills Competition - to determine who among them is the best in the region, to promote and upgrade the skills standards in the region up to international level. The first ASEAN Skills Competition was hosted by Malaysia in 1995. Since then member countries take turn to host the competition and ASEAN Skills Competition 2012 will be held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Festo and ASEAN Skills Competition
Festo has collaborated with Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration, Directorate of Standardization Competence and Training Program (as the Responsible Person and Executive Delivery Participants) to make selection of candidate and has been supporting the mechatronics competition as the organiser of the discipline and the official supplier of competition equipment.
Field of mechatronics competition that supported by Festo are :
MPS® – The official Mechatronics competition equipment
The Modular Production System can be used to reproduce nearly any function in complex manufacturing processes. Practice and industry-focused: Planning, assembly, programming, commissioning, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of production systems can be taught with MPS® at various levels of complexity.
MPS® expertise can be translated immediately into industrial practice. That’s why MPS® is also used as a training system for process optimization and production cost reduction.
Train soft skills with MPS®:
MPS® enhances personal development: Teamwork, Cooperation, Independence, Organizational ability.
2nd Stage Selection for ASEAN Skills Competition 2012 (ASC 2012)
Congratulation for successer teams in the ASC 2012, 2nd stage selection :
1. Place : Jakarta International Expo – Booth : 8530 - 8531 (Hall D1)
Date : 30 November – 03 December 2011
2. Place : PT. Festo
Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda No. 68 (Arteri Pondok Indah)
Jakarta Selatan 12240
Date : 5 - 8 December 2011
- At this stage will be contested expertise mechanical installation, commissioning and programming of the MPS Distributing Station
- In this stage, participants will be selected by a score above 90 to be prepared as a participant ASC 2012.
Each team must bring their own:
1. Any brand of PLC which:
a. have minimum 16 digital input
b. have minimum 16 digital output
d. 24 VDC
e. connected with 2(two) SysLink connection (length: min. 1,5 m)
2. PC/Laptop with PLC programming software(incl. programming cable)
3. Tools (kunci L, obeng, tang potong, multimeter, crimping skun, kunci pas, solder, timah, etc)
4. Feruless (skun) size: 0,5mm (Qty: 1 pack)
5. Blue NYAF cable 0,5 mm (Qty : 10 meter)
6. Isolasi Tube (Qty : 2 meter)
7. Cable Ties 10 cm à 1 pack
Documentation needed for the Distributing Station installation :
Will represent Indonesia participated in ASEAN Skills Competition 2012
* For Participants who successfully passed the selection, will be contacted by Festo to join the next selections.