Point-to-point connection at the field level
IO-Link is a standardised IO technology (IEC 61131-9) for communicating with both sensors and actuators. This powerful point-to-point communication is based on the familiar three-wire sensor and actuator connection, making no further demands on the cabling. As such, IO-Link is not a fieldbus but the further development of the existing, proven connection technology for sensors and actuators.
Valve terminals from Festo are port type B devices with galvanically isolated electronics and valve power supply. They communicate via the IO-Link protocol 1.0, can use all three COM modes and process inputs and outputs of up to 8 bytes.
IO-Link benefits with Festo products
Easier to install, faster to commission
Standard cable (M8/M12) and IO-Link replace multi-pin connecting cables for valve terminals, analogue lines or special connections. What does that mean for you?
- Lower material costs thanks to the use of affordable standard cables
- Low-cost installation and networking of intelligent sensors, proportional pressure regulators and valve terminals with diagnostic options
- Fewer signal levels that are susceptible to disturbance; simple diagnostic messages
- Simple parameterisation and saving of complex sensor data in the IO-Link master, e.g. position sensors, pressure sensors and flow sensors
- Compact controller CECC with up to 4 IO-Link master ports
- Greater installation flexibility, e.g. energy chain throughfeed or adaptations to suit harsh environments using matching connecting cables from the Festo NEBU series