Project and solution highlights
Air cushion plate ATBT
For reliable and gentle transport of substrates in the production of thin film cells
Compared to rollers, air cushion plates provide virtually contactless transport of the modules and are thus perfect for transport after bonding.
Rails hold the modules gently in the air while an air gap sensor detects their flying height. The solution is designed to be energy-efficient thanks to an intelligent compressed air preparation unit.
Laser structuring on air cushion plates
Air cushions revolutionise the laser process as the substrate is moved into a floating position by the generated air cushion. To do this, optimised linear motor axes with parallel grippers guide it precisely through the laser beam.
- Guaranteed accuracy: extremely precise laser operation thanks to the low-vibration and precise linear motor movement
- Straightforward assembly and adjustment by means of rails: no alignment of individual air cushions
- Higher throughput thanks to increased speeds
- Optimised for the respective application: the entire system is designed by Festo
Substrate transport on air cushion plates
The coated substrates are "floating" as the air cushions transport them virtually contactless through the process. Special suction cups hold the glass without leaving any residue, while electric drives control the movement.
- Virtually contactless handling of the glass modules
- Complete solution from a single source: service unit with integrated diagnostic module for energy-efficient air consumption
- Optimised suction cups – no residue on the substrate