Technologies for automating the life sciences field
The health system is under increasing cost pressure, not least due to changing demographics. Companies face the challenge of creating affordable yet effective medical technology and diagnostic procedures for preventive healthcare. The LifeTech division at Festo provides the answer – with innovative solutions for laboratory automation.
Ready-to-install modules support the automation of sample preparation.
From identifying and checking the sample carriers to opening and closing sample vials and adding liquids to microwell plates, Festo offers you standardised components and develops tailored solutions together with you.
Gripping, opening and dispensing
Gripping, opening and positioning small sample vials
The extremely compact rotary gripper module EHMD is ideal for applications in laboratory automation such as opening and closing a wide variety of small sample vials. In combination with a gripper and handling system, it becomes a ready-to-install complete solution.
Rotary gripper module EHMD
- Infinite electrical rotation and electrical or pneumatic gripping
- Universal handling of small sample containers
- Gripping and rotation as well as opening and closing of caps
- Optional: assembly module with Z-compensation automatically adjusts to the cap’s thread pitch.
- Payload up to 250 g
Electric gripper EHPS
- Compact design
- Simple control for opening/closing grippers
- Gripping force adjustable at the gripper module
- Used where pneumatics is not permissible or required
Hybrid rotary/linear module DSL -16-...-SA
- Pneumatic lifting and gripping motion
- Electric rotation
- Slim and compact
- Individually adjustable torques
Dispense head VTOE
- Modular dosing system for ready-to-install solutions
- Dosing of a wide range of reagents with maximum precision
- Up to 8 individually controlled valves
- Compact dimensions
Positioning, identifying and evaluating
Handling system with camera
The sensor reads the barcode and checks the quality of the sample by comparing specific characteristics such as fill quantity and blood quality.
Planar surface gantry EXCM-30
- Compact and flat for payloads up to 3 kg
- Space-saving for installation in laboratory devices
- Preparameterised and ready to install
Compact handling system YXMx
- Matching, ready-to-use system kit comprising software, controller and kinematic system
- Easy to integrate into the application environment
- Easy to program and commission
How to automate laboratory processes (YouTube)