Festo opened the doors to the newly-built state-of-the-art assembly and distribution center located in Mason, OH. The three times higher warehouse capacity will enable Festo to reach growth targets beyond 2020. Located in a more centralized location will ensure shorter transportation times, faster fulfillment of market requirement and higher product availability.
Mason offers the best conditions for further opening up the American growth market. The strategy? To establish a streamlined product supply organization at the new RSC Mason, specifically for the NAFTA countries, with the support of logistics, production, purchasing and engineering as a strong backbone. Besides the United States, the NAFTA region also includes Canada and Mexico.
Constructed earlier this year, the new mason facility features a production area where built-to-order configurations can be customized for North America customers. Being closer to customers will help improve services while reducing delivery times.
Facts about the Regional Service Center.
- Able to pack over 1,000 items per hour with a storage capacity of 65,000 bins.
- Our amount of small totes can fill the dimension of three football fields (1,080' Length x 160' Width)
The RSC in Mason also features cranes that accelerate faster than a Porsche.
- Speed of the cranes: 20'/s or 13.67 miles/h (6 m/s or 22 Km/h)
- Takes 2 m to have full speed
- Acceleration of crane: 9.84'/s (3m/s)
- Acceleration is higher than a Porsche 911 up to 20'/s