Control and regulation of fluid flows
Products in chemical plants have to meet extremely demanding requirements.
- Sturdy design
- Appropriate materials
- Explosion proof designs
- Ease of cleaning
- Pressure and vacuum resistance
- Thermal resistance
- Weather resistance
Products for the chemical industry
In order to ensure that the components used in the chemical industry are trouble-free in operation, economically efficient and standardised, the demands made of the products in terms of quality are very high. With its product and service philosophy, Festo is an ideal partner: products with high corrosion resistance and explosion protection are very safe and reliable and ensure optimum system availability. With its products, systems and consulting services, Festo also guarantees comprehensive support along the entire value added chain.
Safety for personnel and equipment
Safety has the highest priority in all areas of the chemical industry. In order to be able to assess the risk potential to people and the environment, chemical plants are classified according to a Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Festo supplies suitable products which conform to the requirements of safety-oriented equipment. Several thousand products are certified for the corresponding explosion prevention and protection category.
Automation solutions from Festo:
- Solenoid valves with explosion-proof coils mounted directly on the drive (NAMUR interface) in explosive areas
- Solenoid valves in an explosion-proof cabinet with tubing to the drives
- Solenoid valves in a control cabinet outside the explosive area with tubing to the drives
- Intrinsically safe valve terminals in a control cabinet inside the explosive area for actuating drive groups
- Valve terminals outside the explosive area for actuating drive groups
- I/O remote systems outside the explosive area for recording and output of electrical signals
- Quarter turn and linear actuators with and without sensor boxes outside the explosive area for opening/closing process valves
- Quarter turn and linear actuators with and without sensor boxes inside the explosive area for opening/closing process valves
- Air preparation for use in explosive and non-explosive areas
- The use of single-acting actuators enables a safe valve position (e.g. "normally closed") in case of a power supply failure.