Festo is a worldwide leading supplier of pneumatic and electrical automation technology. The globally aligned, independent family enterprise with headquarters in Esslingen, Germany, has evolved into a performance leader within its respective industry over a period of 50 years as a result of innovation and problem-solving competence covering all aspects of pneumatics and automation, and thanks to its unique offerings in the field of industrial training and vocational education.
We are looking for a strong-minded problem-solving individual who can work on their own as well as working as part of a close team. Ability to thrive under pressure and to enjoy ever changing challenges in a high paced environment is a must. Thinking outside of the box to put together creative solutions to best meet the customers’ requirements. Good customer facing skills are essential and a strong desire to be the expert in the room.
Self-development is a key part of the role and as such being comfortable learning new products and skills on your own as well as in training environments is crucial. Being able to share what you have learnt with the rest of the application team is also highly important.
Good Level of knowledge on Industry Standard PLCs and the Field coms utilised by them is crucial for this role.
To be considered for this role you should be able to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in:
- Field Bus communication
- Factory Automation
- Product selection
- Sizing pneumatics & Electric drives
- Configuration of communication network
- Pneumatic circuits
- PLC programming
- Troubleshooting and commissioning automation equipment
- Vision Systems
- Experience of wide range of industrie
- A genuine interest in providing a 1st class customer service
- Good level of education minimum - HND/HNC
- Excellent Organisational skills with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Proven ability to work as a strong team player and demonstrate a positive attitude under pressure
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage own workload and be able to work methodically
- Skilled communicator with the ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels
- You will have strong motivational interpersonal skills (written, verbal and listening) with the ability to communicate to all levels within the business
- Be confident and able to make decisions independently of instructions
- Professional Appearance
Festo offers a competitive salary with a commission scheme (after probation) and a range of benefits including 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 10 years’ service, excellent development opportunities, personal accident cover, contributory pension scheme, private health care, employee assistance programme and permanent health insurance.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send an up to date copy of your CV with a covering letter supporting your application, indicating what experience and knowledge you can bring to this role. Please also advise your salary expectations to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 20th March.