Security is very important in all aspects of a business. Festo Ltd had it's annual assessment by the Government backed Cyber Essentials scheme and has again earned their Certificate of Assurance. This helps organisations check they are protected against a whole range of the most common cyber-attacks. You can be assured that Festo values your data and does its utmost to protect it at all times.
Festo carried out a detailed self-assessment against security controls and a qualified assessor then verified the information provided. Areas covered included:
- Office firewalls and internet gateways
- Secure configurations on servers, computers, laptops, tablets and mobile phones
- Ensuring that software is always up-to-date
- Only giving users access to the resources and data necessary for their roles, and no more
- Protection for ‘Administrator’ accounts
- Malware protection
Certification gives peace of mind that defences will protect against the vast majority of common cyber-attacks simply because these attacks are looking for targets which do not have the Cyber Essentials technical controls in place.
Cyber attacks come in many shapes and sizes, but the vast majority are very basic in nature, carried out by relatively unskilled individuals. They’re the digital equivalent of a thief trying your front door to see if it’s unlocked. The advice from Cyber Essentials is designed to prevent these attacks.