Compact, low cost and powerful
The automation system CPX-E is designed as a central control system for handling technology, with an EtherCAT® master controller and a motion controller with protection to IP20.
Different bus modules are available for using it as a compact and low-cost remote I/O.
- EtherCAT® master interface as well as PROFINET and EtherNet/IP bus slave interface
- Standardised CODESYS V3 programming interface as of SP10
- Integrated motion functions such as SoftMotion
- Optional display
- Certifications: UL/CSA, C-Tick, IEC Ex
In addition to comprehensive PLC functions and multi-axis applications with interpolation, the CPX-E can be the heart of a EtherCAT® system or be easily integrated into existing host systems using the integrated PROFINET device interface or EtherNet/IP slave interface. The OPC UA client and server functions ensure easy integration and interoperability in Industry 4.0 host environments with cloud and digitalisation concepts.
As an integrated solution, the CPX-E features specific software functions tailored to many products and system solution packages from Festo, for example for tasks in handling technology:
- Parts handling
- Assembly systems
- Gluing and dispensing
Universal tasks can also be fully automated using the CPX-E, such as:
- Packaging machines (flow wrappers)
- Palletising systems
- Selective soldering systems
- Wafer handling systems
Components and modules of the CPX-E
- Control unit: CODESYS V3 controller with/without motion control functions
- Bus modules for EtherCAT®, EtherNet/IP, (Modbus/TCP), PROFINET and PROFIBUS
- IO-Link® master module (4 channels)*
- Digital* and analogue input and output modules (max. 16 channels)
- Counter module
* These modules meet the requirements for process automation applications in accordance with NE21 (interference immunity requirements for process and laboratory control equipment).