Single or multiple-channel dispense heads dispense different media with different pressures. During extraction, the vacuum and the position of the extraction needles are precisely controlled.
High-precision dosing and positioning with ready-to-install systems from a single source
Reliability, precision and compact dimensions are key when handling liquids in laboratories. Festo offers all that. Our dispense head consists of a manifold duct plate, dosing valves and nozzles, and can be adapted perfectly to your specific requirements. Combining this with our handling system creates a ready-to-install complete solution which simplifies engineering and increases productivity.
From the first concept to the finished solution
Our experts in the LifeTech business unit use their interdisciplinary experience acquired during many other projects in the life sciences field. Festo components as well as third-party components by renowned manufacturers ensure our customers are offered the best-possible solution and maximum quality.
Ready-to-install dispense head
Single-channel dispense head VTOE
- High precision across a large range of volumes
- Possible combinations: modular mounting on a rail
- Ideal for manufacturing dilutions, nutrient solutions, dispensing reagents
8-channel dispense head VTOE-8 with cover
- 8-channel: ideal for microwell plates
- Parallel dosing of different fluids and fill quantities
- Individual control of the valves permits the channels to be coordinated for maximum precision and precise dosing
Valve control module VAEM
The digital interface simplifies the configuration and control of solenoid valves and improves the precision of the switching behaviour of the valves.
- For 1 to 8 valves, independently controllable
- Holding current reduction freely adjustable
Media separated solenoid valve
With flanged connection
- Nominal widths: 0.4 ... 1.0 mm
- 2/2- or 3/2-way valve
- Ideal for dispensing small fluid volumes
With threaded connection
- Nominal width: 2.0 ... 6.0 mm
- Optimum for switching cleaning fluids and rinsing processes, for example
Pressure regulators: pumping liquids using air pressure
Pressure regulator VEAA/VEAB
- Extremely accurate regulation of pressure and vacuum
- 3/3-way valve including pressure sensor and control electronics
- Short response times of less than 10 ms
Proportional pressure regulating valve terminal VEMA
- 8-channel pressure regulator
- Output range: -0.5 … +0.5 bar
- with digital CAN bus interface
The right handling system paves the way for a complete functional unit
We develop ready-to-install complete solutions with dosing technology and matching kinematics in line with your requirements – for dosing and pipetting fluids, e.g. for dilutions, adding nutrient solutions and for dosing reagents into microwell plates.
Planar surface gantry EXCM
- Moving the microwell plate in the X-Y direction
- Z-axis movement: electric axis EGSK