Festo is a worldwide leading supplier of pneumatic and electrical automation technology. The globally aligned, independent family enterprise with headquarters in Esslingen, Germany, has evolved into a performance leader within its respective industry over a period of 50 years as a result of innovation and problem solving competence covering all aspects of pneumatics and automation, and thanks to its unique offerings in the field of industrial training and vocational education.
We are looking for a communicative, diplomatic, goal-oriented personality with a lot of energy that can perform in a very challenging environment. It is relevant that the candidate has experience and knowledge of fluid power, process valves, and controls. Experience in field sales force, key account management, project management experience is desired. Exposure or demonstrated involvement to account development with a long selling cycle is also an advantage.
The candidate will report directly to the Managing Director and the position will be located in
the Ikeja area of Lagos State.
Tasks and duties
The tasks and duties of the Key Account Specialist include the following:
- Primary responsibility is business development via a consultative, technical sales approach for the defined customers in this industry.
- Establish and implement a strategy, which encourages targeted accounts to become a viable partner for their automation, controls and process needs.
- Identify and target potential customers, services and maintain existing customers and improve customer relations in order to increase market penetration and sales turnover.
- Analyze and identify customer requirements and provide solutions through the application of products and services.
- Effectively handle assigned customers through consultative selling and the technical understanding of applications.
- Responsible for customer visit planning, account planning and maintaining documentation of visits in sales database.
- Support regional sales force with process automation products and applications.
- Organize professional presentations within targeted client
- Recommends pricing strategies according to customer situation in coordination with Sales Manager.
- Is the main contact to customer and is responsible for the implementation project team, including the coordination of national or international projects.
- Participate in an extensive training program, including aspects of process and industrial automation, fluid power, and general industry training and product training.
- a convincing personality with safe and natural occurrence "Standing";
- intelligence with analytical and conceptual thinking skills, organizational and coordination
- assertiveness and negotiation skills;
flexibility, willingness to travel and openness to other cultures;
cost awareness and the ability to think outside the box in context of the whole company;
ability to work as part of the company's development policies and effective implementation;
Team player with coordination skills, but also with the capacity for independent action and the courage to take responsibility;
Convincing charisma, natural authority with appropriate assertiveness, commitment and resilience;
Bachelor of Science in technical discipline, or technical university degree, or equivalent industry experience. The candidate must have working experience of Food & Beverage Industry with at least 5 years experience with long selling cycle: experience in industrial automation industry and applications specifically food & beverage . The candidate should also have a profound knowledge of the market where he/she should operate and an understanding of the cultural interplay that arises with working with an international company.
Working experience with standard PC software (MS Office, Project, etc.) is necessary.
Fluency in English, both spoken and written is essential. The knowledge of any other major
European language would an advantage.
The income consists of a fixed amount depending on the experience & qualifications of the candidates and the candidates’ current income. There are also other benefits attached to the package.
If you would like to apply for the vacancy please send an up to date copy of your CV with a covering letter supporting your application, including your salary expectations to