As of September 3, 2015
Safeguarding your personal data is a serious matter for Festo. We want you to feel safe and secure when you use our mobile application (“App”). The protection of your privacy is an important objective for us when processing your personal data.
Use of the App is reserved for persons who are 13 years of age or older. Use of the App by persons under the age of 13 is prohibited. Festo complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and all other laws and regulations pertaining to the business of Festo. Even though COPPA only applies to children under the age of 13 and the App is for persons who are over 18, in order to fully comply with the provisions of COPPA, Festo hereby states affirmatively that (a) the App is not intended for children under 13 years of age; (b) no one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the App, and (c) Festo does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this App or on or through any of its features, do not register on the App, do not make any purchases through the App, do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of this App or provide any information about yourself to Festo, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
In the event that Festo is acquired or substantially all of its assets are transferred as part of a sale of the company or its parent or otherwise, your Personal Data (as defined herein) could be transferred to a third party. By accepting the Terms, you have expressed your consent to such a transfer of your Personal Data. Further, in the event we make a material change in the way we collect Personal Data, use Personal Data, or change our e-mail policies, we will notify you in accordance with Section 9 below.
We collect information from and about users of our App (i) directly from you when you provide it to us and (ii) automatically when you use the App.
(1) Collection of Information You Provide to Us. When you download, register with or use the App, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information and data from you (the “Personal Data”). Personal Data includes, but is not limited to, information such as age, gender, zip code, telephone number, e-mail addresses, any other information the App collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under the applicable law or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. We may also collect information that you provide to us which is about you but individually does not identify you, such as (i) information that you provide by filling in forms in the App, (ii) information you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, (iii) information you provide when you report a problem with the App, (iv) records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us, (v) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, (vi) details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders, as well as financial information before placing an order through the App, (vii) your search queries on the App, (vii) information provided by you which are published or displayed (“Posted”) on public areas of websites you access through the App (collectively, “User Contributions”).
Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
(2) Automatic Information Collection and Tracking. When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
(a) Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
(b) Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device's telephone number.
(c) Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
(d) Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device. If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device.
Festo treats all of your Personal Data with the utmost care for your privacy and security. However, for purposes of providing its services to you, Festo may store your Personal Data on servers of third parties or disclose your Personal Data to third parties who provide products or services to you or us (e.g. our credit card processing company or third party vendors accessible through our App). These third parties are not permitted to use your personal information for any purpose unrelated to providing their products or services to you or us.
(3) Information Collection and Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
(a) Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
(b) Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
(4) Third-party Information Collection. When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the App. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
(5) How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
(a) Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
(b) Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
(c) Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
(d) Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
(a) Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
(b) Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
(c) Speed up your searches.
(d) Recognize you when you use the App.
(6) Disclosure of Your Information: We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
(a) To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
(b) To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
(c) To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Festo's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Festo about our App users is among the assets transferred.
(d) To third parties that market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
(e) To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
(f) For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
(g) With your consent
(h) To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
(i) To enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
(j) If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Festo, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and preventing resp. opposing misuse of the service
(7) Your California Privacy Rights: California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(8) Data Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.