At Festo, we believe that diagnostics are a key technology for improving production methods. This is necessary as the demand for increased throughput and cost reduction in industrial automation continues to increase. Companies must look for new methods to improve overall equipment efficiency.
Festo is a leader in providing diagnostic systems for automation, especially for pneumatic systems. We offer smart components (integrated intelligence), sensors and systems to achieve and sustain the highest efficiency of motion. Sensors detect the status of certain parameters and controllers interpret and evaluate them. Together they provide diagnostic information which optimizes the traditional maintenance practice through early identification of deviations. Diagnostics eliminates unscheduled and lengthy machine downtime, troubleshooting, and the unnecessary replacement of good parts. Consequently, higher productivity, increased uptime, higher security and lower operational costs can be achieved.
Field Device Diagnostics
Individual component diagnostics via:
- LED's for visual indication
- Field device networks
- Network software
- Plug-in HMI for field device
Diagnostics on the general system status via:
- Sensors distributed across the machine
- Central controller, which collects and interprets sensor information
- Communication software, which provides diagnostic information to the network
- Visualization by a HMI or utilization by another control device