Festo, in close cooperation with its customers, develops products and subsystems for medical devices.
Focus on efficient regulation and control of medical gases
Compact, quiet, energy-efficient valves with piezo technology in medical technology
Piezo valves with proportional technology are often better than solenoid valves for mobile applications and applications in close proximity to the patient, especially for flow and pressure regulation:
- Ideal for battery-operated devices thanks to their low energy consumption
- Long service life as the design is very wear-resistant
- Small installation space and low weight
- Compatible with oxygen
2/2-way proportional valves
3/3-way proportional valves
are used, e.g. to regulate the flow or pressure in oxygen therapy, ophthalmology or dialysis.
Choice of various valve series with different working pressures, nominal widths, flow ranges and working temperatures:
- 2/2-way valve (normally closed)
- 3/3-way valve (normally closed)
Proportional solenoid valve VPWS
Lightweight, compact 15 mm cartridge valve with high flow rate.
- 2/2-way valve
- Ideal for applications with minimal installation space
Pressure regulators and flow control valves with piezo technology, sensors and electronic control
Proportional flow control valve VEMD
- 2/2-way valve with flow sensor and control electronics
- Mass flow controller (MFC)
Proportional pressure regulators VEAA, VEAB
- 3/3-way valve with pressure sensor and control electronics
Miniature valve VOVK
- Extremely small and lightweight
- Very wide pressure range: –0.9 … 7 bar
- Very low energy consumption – ideal for compact valve terminals or battery-operated solutions
- Three setup options
Miniature pilot valve VUVG to expand the MHA1 series
- Optional reduction of holding current
- for gases
- Degree of protection IP65 and IP40
- Suitable for vacuum
Oxygen therapy for mobile applications
Small and lightweight piezo valves regulate the gas flows and pressures that release oxygen in infinitely variable steps.
Stationary ventilation in a clinical environment
Precise regulation and control of fluid flows from the blood and dialysate stream are crucial when it comes to efficient dialysis.
Piezo valves, media valves, pneumatic valves, proportional pressure regulators
An example from eye surgery shows pneumatically operated surgical tools being controlled.
Pneumatic control unit comprising solenoid valves and piezo valves for the following functions:
- Actuating surgical tools
- Vacuum-supported extraction
- Conveying fluids
Closed-loop control of fluid flows, gas flows and slime at dental stations
The various instruments are controlled independently of one another by switching valves, proportional valves, pumps and compressors.
Training torsos in medical training simulate breathing, pulse and bodily fluids, such as tears.
Intelligent control systems are used for simulating air and fluid movements.
Regulation of gas flows and pressures in medical mattresses for nursing beds.
Piezo valves actuate the chambers individually – quietly and with a soft-start function.