Festo is an innovative leader in Factory and Process Automation and the world’s leading provider of Pneumatic and Electrical Technology. If you are ready to move into a market leading company that embraces individuals with enthusiasm for engineering excellence then we have a career opportunity for you.
Summary of job contents
The Technical Consultant will be based in Zambia and will be responsible for increasing both sales and Festo market share for existing and new customers by supporting and promoting the Export Festo Distributor Channel.
The candidate should be a resident of the local country or at least have a valid working visa for that country as he/she will be based almost exclusively in that country. To this end, the successfull candidate will need to be intimately acquainted with the local country’s languages, laws, cultures and ways of conducting business both formal and informal.
Personally perform all required sales and marketing actions:
- Perform active external dealings with customers and Distributor to achieve or exceed all sales objectives and targets agreed on for the current year.
- Conduct all sales and service operations according to prescribed pricing and discount structure
- Actively promote, record and conduct selling activities to ensure the company (through the Distributor) achieves its sales objectives and targets.
- Gather and report on all competitor information regularly.
- Promote Festo Didactic’s offering of Learning Systems and primarily Training and Consulting.
- Actively promote the Festo brand and Image to the Mining, Government, Education authorities as well as the Industrial Automation Industry.
- Able to travel.
Compile and submit all required reports accurately and timeously:
- Keep and supply accurate and up to date statistics and information regarding all customer contacts and business dealings involving sales operations.
Keep immediate superior informed about progress concerning current as well as future sales.
Use all interactions with others to positively build the company image:
- Behave and conduct business activities and operations in a professional way that will enhance and promote the image of Festo as a highly respected and ethical company.
Ensure that customer satisfaction and customer needs remains a central sales focus.
Control and manage all company assets according to the highest ethical standards.
- Organise formal customer training and consulting sessions.
- Personally provide customer training and consulting for our products and technolgies.
Provide Didactic Training.
In addition to the above mentioned the incumbent will be responsible for managing dealer performance and development and also be prepared to perform all activities that promote and support Festo business requirements.
- A completed electrical or instrumentation trade is the minimum requiremen.
- Engineering Diploma (N6/S4/T4
- Degree is advantageous
- Electrical or Mechatronic would be advantageous
- Sound knowledge and experience of the Process Automation Industry
- 5 years work experience (Instrumentation, Automation or Mechanical
Sound knowledge and experience of the mining industry would be advantageous
Applicants should forward their cv and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17 September 2018