Festo, in close cooperation with its customers, develops products and subsystems for medical devices.
Focus on efficient regulation and control of medical gases
- Flow control with compact valves for ventilation and oxygen therapy
- Pneumatic integration solutions for surgical devices
- Closed loop control of fluids in dental stations
Compact, quiet, energy-efficient valves with piezo technology in medical technology
의료 분야에서도 기기의 소형화, 경량화, 저전력에 대한 요구가 높아지고 있습니다. 피에조 밸브와 소형 밸브 MH는 의료 기기의 소형화에 맞는 이상적인 솔루션입니다. 특히 피에조 밸브는 기술적으로 우수한 점이 많기 대문에 의료 분야에서의 밸브에 요구되는 기능에 적합합니다.
Piezo valves with proportional technology are often better than solenoid valves for mobile applications and applications in close proximity to the patient, especially for flow and pressure regulation:
- Ideal for battery-operated devices thanks to their low energy consumption
- Long service life as the design is very wear-resistant
- Small installation space and low weight
- Compatible with oxygen
2/2-way proportional valves
3/3-way proportional valves
are used, e.g. to regulate the flow or pressure in oxygen therapy, ophthalmology or dialysis.
Choice of various valve series with different working pressures, nominal widths, flow ranges and working temperatures:
- 2/2-way valve (normally closed)
- 3/3-way valve (normally closed)
압력비례제어레귤레이터, 피에조 기술을 이용한 유량 제어 밸브와 센서
Proportional flow control valve VEMD
- 2/2-way valve with flow sensor and control electronics
- Mass flow controller (MFC)
Proportional pressure regulators VEAA, VEAB
- 3/3-way valve with pressure sensor and control electronics
압력 비례 제어 레귤레이터 VEMA
- 8개 채널 압력 레귤레이터 및 8개의 개별 밸브 VEMC로 구성
- CAN bus 제어
MHA1 시리즈 확장용 소형 파일럿 밸브 VUVG
- Optional reduction of holding current
- for gases
- Degree of protection IP65 and IP40
- Suitable for vacuum
Oxygen therapy for mobile applications
Small and lightweight piezo valves regulate the gas flows and pressures that release oxygen in infinitely variable steps.
Stationary ventilation in a clinical environment
Precise regulation and control of fluid flows from the blood and dialysate stream are crucial when it comes to efficient dialysis.
Piezo valves, media valves, pneumatic valves, proportional pressure regulators
An example from eye surgery shows pneumatically operated surgical tools being controlled.
Pneumatic control unit comprising solenoid valves and piezo valves for the following functions:
- Actuating surgical tools
- Vacuum-supported extraction
- Conveying fluids
Closed-loop control of fluid flows, gas flows and slime at dental stations
The various instruments are controlled independently of one another by switching valves, proportional valves, pumps and compressors.
Training torsos in medical training simulate breathing, pulse and bodily fluids, such as tears.
Intelligent control systems are used for simulating air and fluid movements.
Regulation of gas flows and pressures in medical mattresses for nursing beds.
Piezo valves actuate the chambers individually – quietly and with a soft-start function.
Smaller, lighter and quieter
In the field of medicine too, there is a growing demand for smaller and lighter equipment. Piezo valves and miniature valves MH are the ideal solution for small flows in medical technology.
Thanks to their great technical features, piezo valves are particularly well suited to valve functions in the field of medicine:
- Piezo valves are noise free: essential for equipment used by patients throughout the night.
- Piezo valves don't use much energy: the equipment doesn't have to be charged up as frequently.
- Piezo valves do not generate any heat: the equipment is smaller and safer during operation.
- Piezo valve operation is proportional: meaning the equipment can be continuously switched, e.g. when administering oxygen doses in breathing apparatus.
For applications with a large number of pneumatic connections in a very small space, Festo delivers customised and ready-to-install manifold duct plates.
Support with breathing
Equipment for respiratory disease therapy
Oxygen dosing for illnesses involving chronic oxygen deficiency
Festo develops solutions for controlling the amount and concentration of oxygen supplied to the breathing air. These systems are integrated into the customer's medical product, e.g. mobile oxygen equipment.
Application example – Oxygen equipment
Reduced oxygen supply due to respiratory arrests during sleep
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP):
providing slightly positive pressure (excess pressure) facilitates breathing and prevents apnoea.
Festo develops solutions that regulate the pressure and flow of the inhaled air/oxygen, thereby ensuring that positive pressure is constantly supplied for breathing. These solutions are integrated into the customer's medical product.
Clouded lenses brought on by old age are surgically removed and replaced by a synthetic lens (IOL).
Festo develops pneumatic control units that regulate the pressure and vacuum of the pneumatic tools used in cataract surgery.
Application example – Control unit for eye surgery