What do skilled workers and engineers do, exactly? What is their average working day like? Do they work alone or in a team? Are you thinking of starting vocational technical training or a technical degree course after school? Then why not get a taste of different areas of work at our German locations in Esslingen am Neckar and St. Ingbert Rohrbach? You can find out all of the answers to your questions during your placement. You will be able to shadow our employees and try out some practical work yourself.
Please note: We place great emphasis on looking after our placement students personally. For this reason, we can only offer a placement in the weeks and areas listed.
Note: Please note that the minimum age for a traineeship during the school holidays is 15. When you are younger, holiday placements are prohibited by the German Youth Employment Protection Act (Jugendarbeitsschutzgesetz).
Student work placements under 15 years old:
Student work placements for students under 15 years old, who are required to attend full-time education, can take place if there is an individual, written approval from the school.
It must be clearly identified from this approval and the work placement certificate that it involves an ‘industrial placement for students in collaboration with/by the school’.
Esslingen am Neckar: technical careers weeks
We offer traineeship places for:
Electronic technician for devices and systems:
- 17.06. – 19.06.2019 Calender week 25 already full
- all year around, on request.
Industrial mechanics and cutting machine operators:
- 04.03. – 08.03.2019 Calender week 10
- 15.04. – 18.04.2019 Calender week 16
- 23.04. – 26.04.2019 Calender week 17
- 11.06. – 14.06.2019 Calender week 24
- 17.06. – 19.06.2019 Calender week 25
- 29.07. – 02.08.2019 Calender week 31
- 28.10. – 31.10.2019 Calender week 44
„3 Technologies in 1 week“ mechatronics:
- 23.04. – 26.04.2019 Calender week 17 already full
- 06.05. – 10.05.2019 Calender week 19
- 11.06. – 14.06.2019 Calender week 24
Technical product designers:
- all year round, on request. Apply online now
Are you interested in doing a technical careers week? So apply directly online and upload your covering letter (Why a placement at Festo AG & Co. KG? What would I like to achieve from the placement?), your CV and copies of your last two references as a PDF.
Esslingen am Neckar: BOGY careers and university guidance for gymnasium school pupils
Do you want to know how engineers spend their time at work? What do they do to keep the world moving? And what do mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science have to do with it all? Then apply to take part in our technical careers and university guidance programme for gymnasium school pupils, with a focus on mechanical engineering, and learn how the different areas intersect. Over the next few months, we’re offering the following placements:
- 22.10. - 26.10.2018 Calender week 43 already full
- 25.02 - 01.09.2019 Calender week 9 already full
- 08.04. - 12.04.2019 Calender week 15 already full
- 06.05. - 10.05.2019 Calender week 19 already full
Dates for the first school term 2019/20 will be published at the end of February.
Are you interested? So apply directly online and upload your covering letter (Why a placement at Festo AG & Co. KG? What would I like to achieve from the placement?), your CV and copies of your last two references as a PDF.
St. Ingbert-Rohrbach: technical work experience placement for school students
How is metal processed? How do you interpret technical drawings? What secrets of electrical engineering lie behind the flashing green man? If these questions spark your interest, come and discover one of the following careers in the metal or electrical sector during a work experience placement with us:
- Industrial mechanic
- Cutting machine operator
- Tool mechanic
- Mechatronics technician
We are also offering two or three-week traineeships at our training workshop at the Festo Learning Centre in St. Ingbert-Rohrbach during the 2018/2019 academic year, over the following dates:
- 25.03. to 12.04.2019 apply online now
Please note that unfortunately we cannot consider applications for technical placements outside the aforementioned dates.
Mrs Birgit Jung
+49 (0) 6894 591 6114
Technical pre-study or basic traineeship for prospective degree students
Have you already decided to do a technical degree after leaving school? Congratulations on making this decision. Lots of courses require you to have completed a pre-study or basic traineeship over several weeks as a condition of entry. Find out as early as possible whether this is required for your degree course.
If it is, then every year we offer the chance to learn about production processes in compliance with DIN 8550, over the course of eight weeks (40 working days):
Berkheim: 03 June - 26 July 2019 already full.
(No extension, shortening or transfer possible)
- Cutting processes (turning, milling, drilling, reaming, trimming, filing): approx. 20 working days
- Forming manufacturing processes (bend-forming): approx. five working days
- Joining and separation processes (installing modules and components): approx. five working days
- Servicing and maintenance (documentation, TQM, lubrication charts): approx. five working days
- Computer programming (CNC control): approx. five working days
Please note that we cannot cover the following content: casting, rolling, deep-drawing, smithing, lapping, coating and nitriding. Pre-study and basic traineeship are not paid positions.
We look forward to receiving your application. Send your application covering letter, CV and copies of your most recent reports to our location in Esslingen am Neckar, addressed to: