This course was designed to fulfil the expectations of people who need to understand and apply the requirements of modern industrial pneumatics with real shop-floor applications.
The training course sets a good background for further automation training.
This course combines the fundamentals of the Basic Pneumatic and Electro-Pneumatic courses in a neat application-orientated package.
Target Group: Everyone who deals with pneumatic systems in their work environment.
The content includes:
• Combination of electrical control section andpneumatic power section.
• Basic principles of compressed air supply which include production, preparation and distribution.
• Different actuators and their applications.
• The use of directional control valves, speed control valves and sensors.
• Structure and function of electrical switching devices, timers and solenoid valves.
• Basic logic functions and signalling functions.
• Valve technology.
• Symbolic representation of devices and standards ISO1219, IEC61346.
• Safety regulations and stringent industrial standards.
After completing this course, the participant will be able to:
• Design, assemble and test basic pneumatic and electro-pneumatic circuits.
• Identify and describe the design, features and operation of electro-pneumatic as well as electrical components.
• Identify and explain symbols for pneumatic,electro-pneumatic and electrical components.
• Interpret technical specifications and data relating to pneumatic components.
• Understand the fundamentals of compressed air generation and preparation.
• Describe the functional relationship between pneumatic and electrical components.
• Design, assemble and test an electro-pneumatic circuit.
• Comprehend the role of a PLC in automation.
Technical understanding of pneumatic principles.
The “Basic Pneumatic” (PN101) course is advisable.